The Trailblazers is a program at Stonewall Columbus for LGBTQ Adults ages 50+ that was created through a generous gift from The Legacy Fund.
Trailblazer events include seminars, workshops, and social outings. Highlights include:
- Each year Stonewall hosts a series of seminars on issues including legal issues, healthcare and various other topics.
- The Trailblazer eNewsletter is sent via email to all subscribers about twice a month and highlights a variety of upcoming events and outings.
- Our popular social outings take place at least once a month where Trailblazers meet to attend the theater a concert, a trip or other interesting venues. Frequently we end the outing with food and drinks at a local restaurant, often at discounted pricing.
- The Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival has a special Trailblazer Lounge where you can get out of the sun, relax, and even use private restrooms. Ask about getting a Trailblazer wristband so you can get in!
- Everyone is welcome to attend any or all of the Trailblazers events – you do not have to be a member of the Stonewall Center on High to participate.
Your costs for this program include tickets to various events, usually at discounted prices, and many of the outings are free of charge.
- We encourage all of our Trailblazers to consider becoming members of the Center on High at the special Senior rate of $20 per year. Your membership to the Center helps us to continue to offer this wonderful program and entitles you to receive membership discounts, benefits, and advance information about activities happening at Stonewall Columbus. Your support as a member will help us enhance and enlarge the popular Trailblazer programming for years to come. Click the Become a Member button at the top of this page.
Each year is a busy one for the Trailblazers and we invite you to join us!
For more information contact Riana Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-299-7764.
Check out all of the upcoming Trailblazer events below! See you soon!
Upcoming Trailblazer Events
Trailblazers: Short North Stage “Christmas in Columbus” Outing
December 8, 2016
Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:00pm – Performance time 7:15pm – Meet at the Stage Left bar at the theater for drinks with us before the show if you like! @ The Short North Stage at The Garden Theater 1187 N. High Street Columbus, OH 43201 Parking $1 at The Center as space permits Seats are […]
Trailblazers CATCO “Baskerville” Outing
January 25, 2017
Sherlock Holmes and Watson meet up with The 39 Steps in this madcap mystery farce. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is probably rolling over in his erudite grave but this is The Hound of the Baskervilles redux.
Trailblazers BalletMet “Peter Pan” Outing
February 10, 2017
Meet us in Neverland for the Company Premiere of Michael Pink’s Peter Pan. This wildly popular production, which boasts an original score by Philip Feeney, will send dancers soaring (quite literally) across a stage filled with magical lighting tricks, grand scenery and intricate costumes. Join Wendy, Peter, Tinkerbell and Nana as they discover that staying young is a matter of the heart.
Trailblazers CATCO “Sex with Strangers” Outing
March 1, 2017
Opposites attract when Olivia, a serious mid-career novelist and Ethan, an author of dirty books (to call them erotica would press a point) meet. While Olivia has nothing but contempt for his work, she's turned on by Ethan's commercial success in the same way that he lusts after her literary talent.
Trailblazers BalletMet “Art in Motion” Outing
March 17, 2017
Gold petals shower the stage as dancers weave themselves together for the closing tableau of Christopher Wheeldon’s Fool’s Paradise, a Company Premiere and one of three works in Art in Motion. Gustavo Ramirez Sansano’s acclaimed 18+1 will return to Columbus, with its celebratory air and a shower of confetti. The show will also include a World Premiere ballet by Edwaard Liang.